Thanks to a very helpful blog from Jessica over at Cytanium, I have setup FREE email accounts for my domain, gabrielbeaver.me over at Outlook.com. I can create up to 50 email accounts and each will have full email, EAS, and 7GB SkyDrive storage for each user.
After creating the email account successfully, I was unable to add the account to my Windows Phone 8. This may seem like a simple task, but it eluded me for a bit. In order to successfully get it working, I had to set the server address to:
Also make sure that “Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection is checked.
I was unable to find this address anywhere in the documentation for WP8 or for custom domain email configuration. I only found this by comparing my default Outlook.com account I have configured on my phone. Hopefully this will help others who stumble into this.